To manage someone’s FOREVER® Account as an Account Manager, the first step is logging into your FOREVER® account at www.forever.com.
- Next, click on the menu in the top right-hand corner of the page and then click “Friends and Family".
- Once you are in your “Friends & Family” section, locate the person whose account you would like to manage. You will see a list of all of your Friends and Family, including the people you manage as well as the people who are set up to manage your account. Account Managers will have a teal-colored badge.
- Click on the “View Profile” button for the account that you want to manage. The View Profile button is beneath their picture which will take you to their profile page.
- Click the blue link that says "Manage this Account".
- To stop managing an account click the “Stop Managing This Account” text in the bar at the top.
You may designate a sequence of people to act as Account Managers for your FOREVER® Account. You grant an Account Manager full or partial control over your Forever Account and Content, including the ability to perform some or all of the following actions:
- upload, add, access, view, modify, edit, link, post, download, and copy Content;
- modify the privacy layers at which Content is stored;
- add, change, or delete people who have access to Content at ‘friends and family’ and ‘private’ layers, and the rights those designated people have to access, view, add, post, link, copy or download Content.
Your Account Manager will not be able to delete or remove content, alter your Preservation settings, or make purchases and check out using your cart.
Please note that your 1st Account Manager will retain the rights granted by you until the end of the Manager’s lifetime, unless the Manager relinquishes control earlier, at which time the 1st Manager’s rights will transfer to your 2nd Account Manager, and so forth.
FOREVER® will enable your Account Managers to create a username and password and exercise rights over your FOREVER® Account either during your lifetime, upon your death, or at a future date specified by you. Each Account Manager must agree to be bound by these Terms.
If you have any further questions, please don’t hesitate to email us at email@example.com.