It’s easy to check in Windows. Just follow these directions from the Microsoft Windows site:
To find out if your computer is running a 32-bit or 64-bit version of Windows in Windows 7 or Windows Vista, do the following:
- Open System by clicking the Start button, right-clicking Computer, and then clicking Properties
- Under System, you can view the system type.
If your computer is running Windows XP, do the following:
- Click Start.
- Right-click My Computer, and then click Properties.
- If you don't see "x64 Edition" listed, then you're running the 32-bit version of Windows XP.
- If "x64 Edition" is listed under System, you're running the 64-bit version of Windows XP.
Important to note, if you are running Windows 10 on your computer then you have a 64-bit version of Windows because Windows 10 can only run on a 64-bit machine. To learn more about Windows 10, please CLICK HERE.