View Our Photo De-Duplication Guide Here for more info.
- For every file you upload, we generate a unique ID based on the file’s size, dimensions, exif data, and other information.
- When you upload photos to FOREVER Storage, you can optionally choose whether or not you would like to prevent duplicates from being uploaded (this always defaults to “ON”).
- When Duplicate Prevention is turned ON we compare the unique IDs of all the new files you are uploading to the unique IDs of all the photos you already have in your account and alert you if any of the new files you are uploading are duplicates. These duplicates are not added to your FOREVER Storage Account
- You can click “View Original” for any of the duplicates detected so that you can make sure they have the correct file name, are in the right albums, tags, etc.
- You can turn Duplicate Prevention OFF if you wish to upload files regardless of whether or not they have unique IDs that match those of other files.
- Photo- Duplication does not work when you are copying files from another users account.
On the Forever Mobile Apps
- For every file you upload (whether by choosing the file, Auto Sync or when performing a device Back Up) we generate a unique ID based on the file’s size, dimensions, exif data, and other information.
- When adding photos from your device you will see a green banner indicating the files that you have already added to FOREVER
- When you choose to Back Up or use the Auto Sync feature, the app will automatically compare the unique ID’s of the files on your device to the unique IDs of all the photos you already have in your account and will not re-upload duplicates.