FOREVER Artisan ® 5 UPDATE NOW AVAILABLE!
We love our FOREVER Artisan ® 5 software, and we know you do, too! We are happy to announce that another update to Artisan 5 is available.
A new update was released on January 28, 2019, and the new version number is 5.0.6918.36130.
- Fixes an issue some users experienced that displayed content on their pages as white boxes instead of photos and other elements (papers, embellishments, etc.).
Please Note: It is important that you check the version number of your software after applying an update. Occasionally, this process will not complete correctly and users need to uninstall Artisan 5, then install the new version from their Download link.. You will not lose any projects, content, content organization, or activation codes if you need to uninstall then reinstall.
Please contact FOREVER Support at 1-888-637-3837 or email@example.com if you have any questions. (pixels2Pages members can also go to pixels2Pages.net and search for information on uninstalling and reinstalling.)
A previous update (released on November 26, 2018) addressed the following:
- Fixed an issue when importing old Creative Memories kits or opening projects containing those kits.
A previous update (released on November 6, 2018) addressed the following:
- Corrected an issue with the Print Tray when uploading projects.
- Fixed the issue that displayed the error message “Index is outside the bounds of the array”.
A previous update (released June 6, 2018) addressed the following:
- Fixes an issue that prohibited users from Sharing files to their FOREVER accounts.
- Fixes an issue that prohibited users from selecting photos from the Albums in their FOREVER accounts.
A previous update (released June 4, 2018) addressed the following:
- Fixes an issue found in select Templates & Overlays when a user changes the Fill.
- Allows users to access all photos in their FOREVER Album that also contains a Project file.
Both of these updates build on our recent performance-enhancement update that makes your Artisan experience smoother overall. Here are the changes you will see from that update:
We have completely re-written the Save process.
Some of our users reported that Artisan 5 was unsuccessful when they tried to Save their work. After a thorough review, we decided to completely re-write the Save process. Please be aware that, as a result of this change, the first time you save older Artisan projects you may initially experience a longer Save time due to the conversion to the new format. Also, once you save a project using this Artisan 5 update, you will be unable to open it in earlier versions of the software.
This new approach to Save enables us to keep just one original version of each photo in the Images Folder, and thus reduces the amount of total storage needed for the Artisan Project. Beware that if you delete this single instance of your original photo from your Images Folder, it will no longer display on any project page.
If you have not experienced issues with Save in the past, and you have a large project that is close to completion, you may want to finish it before installing the update.
Now, when you edit a photo in your Photo Panel, Artisan 5 creates a copy with the edits and leaves your original untouched. That original can be used – and re-edited – on other pages again and again. Want to crop a photo to focus on one person for a “birthday page”? Or change the photo to black and white for a cover? You can do this and more while still maintaining the original photo in the project. Just two things we want you to know:
- If you place the photo on a project page and then open the Image Editor, only the image on the project page will reflect the edits.
- If you right-click on the photo in the Photo Panel and choose “Edit using the image editor”, both the original and the edited photo will display in the Photo Panel after saving your changes – and the edited version will be at the end of the list.
We have improved the interface between Artisan and FOREVER.
The new interface now reflects the changes in your FOREVER Storage Account. Whenever you get photos from your FOREVER Account, the Browse FOREVER window displays the Albums and Tags the way YOU organized them in FOREVER! Specifically:
- When browsing by Albums you will see root albums and be able to navigate to nested albums.
- When browsing by Tags, they will be listed alphabetically for easier searching.
Updated Facebook Connector
In addition to sharing Artisan projects with FOREVER, users can also share their projects directly from Artisan to Facebook.
We have corrected the issue with spell check on a new Text Box.
If you have Warning Levels turned on, you will immediately see a Warning Triangle upon creation of any text box that has one or more words that are not in your dictionary.
Plus, we have addressed all these issues:
- Corrected an issue when converting a Page Print to a Project of the same size.
- Improved the preview of the project once it is in your FOREVER Account.
- Corrected an issue when a user closed Artisan 5 immediately after Saving a Project.
- Corrected an error that occurred when changing the Style of a Line.
- Updated the 2018 Holidays & Observances – US for Calendars.
- Corrected an issue where the user was asked to re-save the project when clicking on the “Print at Forever™ Print Shop” button without making changes to the Project.
- Corrected an issue so that the system returns from the Image Editor to the selected photo in the Photo Panel.
- System will convert the .artpage files to JPG files when pages are shared to your FOREVER Account.
- Fixed a memory leak.
- Fixed the 3D Edge and Soften Edge Filters so they work as expected.
- Added a “Refresh thumbnail” tool in the shortcut menu on the Photo Panel.
Have questions? Check out the FAQs HERE